My guest today is bestselling author, screenwriter, and producer, Gillian Flynn. Gillian is best known for her bestselling thriller and mystery novels including Gone Girl, Dark Places, and Sharp Objects. More recently, she launched Gillian Flynn Books, an imprint of Zando, with its first book “Scorched Grace” by Margot Douaihy. We talk about her writing career and new imprint, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How was reading and writing an escape for you as a kid?
- What are the unique challenges of writing a movie script compared to a book?
- How did your experience writing your novels make you want to start your own imprint?
- What does it take to make a book successful now compared to when your first book came out in 2006?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Gillian’s journey: