Over the past few years, leaders and their employees have experienced an immense amount of physical and mental trauma due to the global pandemic. And although the mass acceptance of remote work has given employees more freedom and flexibility, it has come with a significant cost to their well-being.
The situation is so dire that millions of workers have quit or switched jobs due to burnout, poor work-life balance, and other factors affecting their quality of life. In fact, today’s employees prioritize their health and total well-being more than ever before when making employment decisions. And with the Great Resignation showing no signs of slowing down, there’s never been a more pressing time for organizations to pay attention to this trend.
In this timely and imperative keynote, New York Times bestselling author and foremost workplace expert Dan Schawbel helps organizations learn how to reimagine workplace well-being, so they can not only retain their staff but also unlock their true potential at work. Using his firm’s proprietary research as well as case studies and practical examples, he explains the direct relationship between employee well-being and organizational success. Dan helps organizations recognize the importance of taking care of all aspects of employee well-being and helping people overcome the many challenges that prevent them from bringing their best self to work.
Organizations come to Dan when they need to know how to react to monumental shifts in the workplace ecosystem to be prepared for what’s next in the modern economy. Well-being is already at the forefront of the new movement to a better and more human workplace — is your organization ready for what’s next?
Key learning objectives
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of well-being, including the physical, mental, social, and financial dimensions.
- Learn how employee needs and expectations around well-being have evolved over the past few years, and how this has impacted organizations.
- Discover the tools and best practices for supporting your people in the new era of remote and hybrid working, with a special focus on how technology can alleviate employee isolation, loneliness, and burnout.
- Learn how to create a culture of psychological safety, where employees feel they can freely talk about their well-being issues.
As seen on
Relevant research and articles
- Dan’s LinkedIn Learning course “Managing Your Well-Being as a Leader”
- Dan’s book “Back to Human” https://danschawbel.com/back-to-human/
- Dan’s research study of 12,000 workers with Oracle focused on well-being at work https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/ai-at-work-100720/
- Why people are turning to robots when they’re sad and anxious at work – Fast Company article https://www.fastcompany.com/90580177/mental-health-crisis-robots
- Dan’s research study of 1,600 workers and leaders with SoFi focused on financial well-being https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/reimagining-financial-well-being-tomorrows-workforce-dan-schawbel/