My guest today is bestselling children’s fiction author, Kate DiCamillo. Kate is a former National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature and a two-time Newbery Medalist. We talk about her literary career, and new book “The Puppets of Spelhorst” during this episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Why did growing up with chronic pneumonia draw you to read books?
- How did receiving 473 rejection letters motivate you?
- How have you been able to observe the world through the eyes of children as an adult?
- What can children take away from reading your new book “The Puppets of Spelhorst”?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Kate’s journey: