“I highly recommend Dan to come speak to your company if you are looking to be competitive in the 21st century.”
– SunTrust Bank
Called “The Millennial version of Tom Peters,” and “the new voice of the workplace,” Dan Schawbel has become the definitive voice of his generation in the workplace. His mission to follow the rise of millennials from college to CEOs has resulted in two best-selling books, prolific contributions to business media ranging from Forbes Magazine to the Harvard Business Review, and multiple Fortune 500 partnerships and consultancies. Now leading the world’s largest aggregator of workplace research, Dan’s reputation as the “millennial expert,” has been built upon the most authoritative and broadly referenced research studies in this area. As a speaker, he moves seamlessly from millennial career and leadership guru to intergenerational interpreter, branding expert, trends analyst and workplace futurist. In each role, he synthesizes hundreds of studies and translates the very latest data to provide invaluable insights, shatter perceptions and shift mindsets. Acknowledging a world where you simply cannot understand the future without understanding his generation, Dan guides audiences through what it will take to lead, work and prosper in the millennial-driven organizations of the future.
Authoritative, insightful and always backed up by the latest and most relevant data, Dan’s presentations focus on embracing generational differences, overcoming obstacles, seizing opportunities—and being prepared for what it will really take to succeed in the workplace of the future.
For information on fees and availability, please email email@example.com.
“He’s a wealth of knowledge. I highly recommend Dan and look forward to working with him again.”
“I’ve worked in this field for more than 14 years and you are one of a very few exceptional speakers that I’ve invited to campus.”
– Tufts University
“Your insights about today’s workforce were very compelling and led to a spirited examination by our team of our own approach to our staff and culture.”
“This was one of the best presentations I’ve had the opportunity to participate in. The information was relevant and the level of detail was spot on.”
Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation
Technology has impacted our workplaces in ways that weren’t possible a decade ago. We feel “highly connected.” But are we, really? Instead of strong bonds, we have weak ties. Instead of productive meetings, we have distractions. Despite the illusion of 24/7 connection, in reality, most workers feel isolated from their colleagues, their organization and its leaders. What they crave most—and what research increasingly shows to be the hallmark of the highest-performing workplace cultures—is a sense of authentic connection with others. They want to get Back to Human. Dan Schawbel shows you how—while still optimizing all the benefits of technology.
You will learn:
- Why the highest performing and healthiest teams are the ones that are the most connected.
- How technology can negatively impact work relationships—and how to radically improve them.
- How to recognize and support employees who feel isolated from the team.
- How team connectivity impacts business outcomes and can increase loyalty and organizational commitment—and ways to encourage it.
The Future of Work: Top Trends Reshaping Business & How to Prepare for Them
With the increased adoption of new technologies, globalization, automation and ever-changing economic conditions, the modern workplace is in a state of flux. As a result, today’s companies are facing major challenges that will affect how they do business and compete for the best talent. For the past five years, Dan Schawbel has published an annual report of the top workplace trends in Forbes, generating more than 800,000 views combined. The trends are selected based on primary research from his firm, secondary research from over 450 different sources and conversations with HR executives at Fortune 1000 companies. In this presentation, you will hear about the top workplace trends that will change the way you view your corporation, help you better prepare for the future and improve your talent management strategy.
You will learn:
- About how each trend will impact your business now and in the future.
- What companies have successfully navigated these trends with results from their programs.
- Tips on how you can be at the forefront of trends and be competitive in your industry.
The LeaderShift: How to Discover, Retain & Develop the Next Generation of Leaders
Over the past eight years, Dan Schawbel has helped all types of organizations unlock the secrets to recruiting, retaining and growing their young talent. As a millennial leader, mentor and researcher, he has dissected the cultural, technological and economic drivers that make these generations different. After surveying thousands of millennials, and Generation Z-ers from across the world, he has uncovered essential information about their workplace needs, learning habits and leadership styles that will impact companies now and in the future. With Gen Z entering the workplace, and millennials moving up to management positions, your company cannot afford to ignore both generations who will comprise over half of your workforce by 2020. This presentation will help you win the battle for talent, ensure that they remain productive workers and become the future leaders of your company.
You will learn:
- The unique characteristics of all four generations and how they can work in harmony together.
- How to create a more engaging culture that embraces continuous learning, regular feedback and innovation.
- Seven of the most effective strategies for engaging these generations from companies such as Scripps Health, Intel, Michelin, LinkedIn and GE.
Create a Shared Learning Culture: Why The Best Learning Comes From Your Team
The biggest challenge for professionals in today’s society is to stay relevant in a world that is constantly changing. This change comes in the form of entire industries are being disrupted, emerging technologies, new government regulations and the supply and demand of the labor market. In order to keep up with this massive change, we have to turn to our teammates in order to educate ourselves on the skills, resources and ideas we will need to succeed today and in the future.
- How to encourage your employees to share their knowledge with their teams.
- The importance of individual learning styles and the personalization of learning materials.
- What prevents leaders from sharing and how they can best support their teams.
- Why technology can be a barrier to creating a shared learning culture.
- How different generations can share learning and benefit from each other.