My guest today is MSNBC host, Joy-Ann Reid. Joy is the host of MSNBC’s The ReidOut and author of the new book “Medgar and Myrlie”. We talk about the book, and her career, during this episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What were some key moments and experiences that have shaped your career in journalism and broadcasting?
- What role do you believe journalism plays in advancing conversations around social justice, and how can media contribute to positive change?
- What inspired you to write a book about Medgar and Myrlie Evers and why did you decide to publish it in an election year?
- What did you learn about the civil rights movement from your interviews with Myrlie and her family that surprised you or furthered your understanding of that time period?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Joy’s journey: