My guest today is comic book artist and writer, Kevin Eastman. Kevin, along with Peter Laird, is best known for creating Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The first issue of the TMNT comic book was published in 1984 and has since become a phenomenon with TV shows, movies, action figures, and video games. More recently, Kevin released “The Last Ronin”, the final story of TMNT. We talk about his multi-decade career during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by LumApps, an employee experience platform that engages every employee with personalized communications. Go to LumApps.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What were some of your creative influences as a kid that led you to pursue a path as a comic book writer and artist?
- Why do you think TMNT is still relevant today and what plans do you have to keep the brand fresh moving forward?
- Why did you and your co-author Peter Laird come back together after 20 years to work on TMNT again?
- What was the inspiration behind The Last Ronin and why did you choose a darker storyline for this comic series?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Kevin’s journey: