My guest today is documentarian, journalist, and co-host of Everyday Wealth, Soledad O’Brien. Soledad has anchored shows on CNN, MSNBC, and NBC, and hosted projects for Fox and A&E. She is the CEO of Soledad O’Brien Productions, a multiplatform media production company, and co-hosts the Everyday Wealth radio show with Jean Chatzky, presented by Edelman Financial Engines, where they help people achieve their financial goals. We talk about her inspiring career journey and commitment to helping others manage their finances during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What did you learn from your parents that allowed you to persevere and make a name for yourself?
- While many people make new year’s resolutions, only 9% keep them by the end of the year. What are some of your resolutions and how are you committed to seeing them through?
- Aside from being a journalist and documentarian, you are involved in other projects that focus on empowering people with the right financial tools they need to succeed. How did you overcome your own financial challenges and what did you learn in the process that can help others?
- How are you tackling societal issues like education and gender inequality and why are they so important to you?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Soledad’s journey: