My guest today is rapper and entrepreneur, Rick Ross. Rick’s breakout single “Hustlin” back in 2006 made him an international sensation overnight. Today, he’s the founder of the Maybach Music group, has ten albums that have made the Billboard 200 list, and received four Grammy Award nominations. Rick’s new book is called “The Perfect Day to Boss Up”, which we discuss in this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What were some early childhood experiences that helped you learn how to be a businessman and eventually launch successful ventures?
- During the grind of building your brand and career, what was the daily motivation that helped you persevere through the stress and failures?
- What are some of your “Boss Commandments” that people can implement to improve their lives?
- Over the past year, you cut your own grass instead of paying someone else to do it for you and flew commercial over private. Why did you choose to do these activities even though you don’t have to?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Rick’s journey: