My guest today is bestselling author, Robert Greene. Robert has mastered the arts of psychology and understanding what drives us and has incorporated his research and insights into many bestselling books, including The 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction, and his latest, The Laws of Human Nature. During this episode, Robert and I have a deep conversation about how understanding human nature can make us successful and happy in life.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- A few years ago you had a stroke and almost died. Can you talk about that experience and how you turned a negative situation into a positive one that helped you recover?
- Like you, human behavior fascinates me and I find myself constantly trying to understand why people think and act the way they do. How has understanding people’s motivations helped you live a better life and have a more successful career?
- Speaking about choosing the wrong person. Throughout our lives we meet, befriend and work with different personality types. While some bring us great joy, we fail to break away from the toxic ones. How do we decide who should stay in our lives and who we should let go of?
- Our emotions tend to get the best of us and override the logic that would help us make better decisions. How do we detach ourselves from our own emotions and master self-control?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Robert’s journey: