My guest today is a former monk turned social media phenomenon and author of Think Like a Monk, Jay Shetty. I first met Jay several years ago in New York City and right away, I knew he was someone very special with a bright future. In one of our early conversations, he mentioned his interest in writing a book called “Think Like a Monk” and that book was just published today! This is our fourth interview and he’s my only return guest! I caught up with Jay to dive deep into the major themes and ideas in the book for this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- You start your book talking about values. How do you figure out what your values are and then start to notice them in other people?
- So many things are competing for our time now, especially with social media, the fear of missing out, and we are bombarded with news, even fake news. How do we what to listen to and get into a headspace so that we can do what we’re meant to do and not what others expect of us?
- Values follow intentions. Can you talk about setting those intentions and then following through on them?
- You talk about getting to the root of the problem and the importance of asking why. How did you do this in your own life?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Video interview from New York City:
Follow Jay’s journey: