My guest today is video game programmer and director, Ed Boon. Ed is the co-creator of Mortal Kombat and Injustice, and the Creative Director at NetherRealm Studios. We talk about the creation of Mortal Kombat, and his video game career, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did your time spent working on pinball games inspire the creation of Mortal Kombat?
- How has your role working on Mortal Kombat evolved since the first game in 1992?
- Why was it decided to make the new Mortal Kombat 1 game a franchise reboot and what makes this title unique compared to the predecessors?
- How do you think new technologies like AR, VR, and AI will change the video game experience?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Ed’s journey: