My guest today is documentary film director and producer, Alex Gibney. Alex’s works as a director include The Inventor, Enron, Citizen K, Billions, Steve Jobs, and Going Clear. We talk about his new documentary, “Boom! Boom! The World vs. Boris Becker”, as well as his inspiration for new topics during this episode.
This interview was conducted before the SAG/AFTRA strike.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did your father’s career in journalism influence your career?
- How do you come up with the topics for your documentaries and then bring them to life in your own unique way?
- Why did you want to tell tennis player Boris Becker’s story and what did you learn about his life that most surprised you?
- You’re set to do a film about Elon Musk. What do you consider him an intriguing character and how do you think he’s different than your previous subjects?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Alex’s journey: