My guest today is author and cartoonist, Jeff Kinney. Jeff is best known as the bestselling author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and the Awesome Friendly Kid series. His latest book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is Diper Överlöde. We talk about his career, and how he created an empire, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by Proximity, a workspace management company that streamlines how companies operate and manage their hybrid workspace. Go to www.proximity.space/fivequestions for a free Workspace Efficiency Audit.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did the success of your comic strip in college inspire you to pursue a career as a cartoonist?
- What were the biggest challenges trying to get Dairy of a Wimpy Kid published?
- How did you turn Diary of a Wimpy Kid from a book series into a brand and empire?
- What can someone learn, regardless of age, from the lessons in your new book “Diper Överlöde”?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Jeff’s journey: