My guest today is Destiny’s Child member and author, Michelle Williams. Michelle rose to fame as a member of the R&B group Destiny’s child, one of the best-selling female groups of all time with over 60 million records sold. After the group disbanded in 2006, she went on to release solo albums, appeared in Broadway shows, and acted in several sitcom series like Chicago and The Color Purple. More recently, she wrote Checking In and The Daily Check-In, which we discuss in this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- After graduating from high school, why did you doubt your ability to make a career as a professional singer and pursue a criminal justice degree?
- After meeting Beyonce and Kelly Rowland in the lobby of an Atlanta hotel, how did you know that you could make it as a music group?
- When you were rising to fame, a lot of people were dishing you advice. What’s the balance between getting counsel from others and listening to your inner voice when making big career decisions?
- You talk about your anxiety and depression in your book “Checking in”. What did you learn during your process of healing that can be useful to anyone looking to better manage their mental health?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Michelle’s journey: