My guest today is the chairman and CEO of Dell Technologies, Michael Dell. Michael started Dell in his dorm room at the University of Texas and today it’s become of the most successful technologies companies in the world. He is one of the 25 richest people in the world with a net worth of $51.7 billion and Dell Technologies made over 90 billion in revenue this year. We talk about his entrepreneurial journey, which he covers in his memoir “Play Nice But win”, during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did both selling newspaper subscriptions and playing with technology as a teenager lead you to start your company?
- You’ve had many failures over decades of running DELL. What have you learned from these experiences that helped you make better business decisions?
- How do you evaluate talent when making hiring decisions?
- Billionaire CEOs like Jeff Bezos, Jack Dorsey, and Elon Musk have started multiple companies or have ventured into space. Do you have any plans for your next act and how do you intend to spend the rest of your life?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Michael’s journey: