My guest today is the Two-time Emmy Award-Winning Anchor of Inside Edition, Deborah Norville. Deborah is currently the longest-serving anchor on American television and an inductee into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame. She is the former co-host of NBC’s “Today” and current anchor of Inside Edition, with over 5 million daily viewers. She’s also on the Board of Directors of Viacom. We talk about her longtime career, and overcoming obstacles, during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What did you learn about TV production in high school when you were in the Junior Miss beauty contest?
- You’re one of the longest-running anchors on TV. What do you think has led to your longevity in such a competitive industry?
- You’ve encountered major obstacles like a jail sentence, being overweight and corporate politics. What is it about you that lets you persevere, and triumph, through these obstacles?
- As someone who also speaks to many luminaries, what are some of your best interview tips?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Deborah’s journey: