Through Dan’s company, Millennial Branding, he conducts research on the latest millennial employment trends. He works with companies such as American Express, Monster, PayScale and others in order to explore issues around recruitment, retention, college, culture, politics, consumerism and more. The studies have been covered in over one hundred media outlets including CNN, USA Today, LA Times, CNBC and BusinessWeek. If you’re interested in finding out more about the services that Millennial Branding offers, please go to the corporate website.
Latest research studies:
Most interesting findings:
- 90% view entrepreneurship as a mindset today instead of the role of a business owner.
- Over 63% of Gen Y workers have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Median salary across Gen Y is $39,700.
- Average tenure for Gen Y is 2 years (5 for Gen X and 7 for Baby Boomers).
- Gen-Y is connected to an average of 16 co-workers and nearly 700 friends on Facebook.
- 91% of employers think that students should have between one and two internships before graduation.
- 98% of employers view communication skills as being important or very important when hiring for entry-level positions.
- Baby Boomers use social networks as part of their job search (29%) over Gen X (27%) and Gen Y (23%).
- 32% of Gen Y consider themselves to be entrepreneurs compared to 41% of Gen X and 45% of Boomers.