My guest today is actress, producer, and author, Patricia Heaton. Patricia is best known for her starring roles in the sitcoms Everybody Loves Raymond, The Middle, and Carol’s Second Act. In this episode, you’ll learn how her mom’s death impacted her life, how she’s reinvented herself, overcome obstacles, and why being both a leaper and planner have led to her success.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:55 — 10.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did the death of your mom during your childhood affect how you see the world, your work ethic, and life choices?
- Most people struggle during major life transitions because as humans we fear and are uncomfortable with change. How did you overcome the mental and emotional obstacles you faced as you transitioned from your first to your second act, and then commit to pursuing your new goals?
- Like my dad and his brother, I’m a lifetime worker with no plans to retire because I believe that being productive is good for our mental health. You recently said that you want to “die on a soundstage”, but what motivates you to continue to stay productive, juggle multiple projects and challenge yourself?
- Personal fulfillment is a lifetime journey of self-discovery, followed by both personal and professional accomplishments. How have your humanitarian efforts made you more personally fulfilled and shaped this next phase of your life?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Patricia’s journey:
Leave a Reply