An interview with Kris Jenner about why she thinks Keeping up with the Kardashians is so appealing, how she decides what business opportunities to take, the role social media plays in her life, her typical day and what she hopes her family achieves.
Welcome to the 65th episode of 5 Questions with Dan Schawbel. As your host, my goal is to curate the best advice from the world’s smartest and most interesting people by asking them just 5 questions.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 7:31 — 8.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
This episodes guest:
My guest today is TV star and entrepreneur, Kris Jenner. Born in San Diego, California, Kris’s first job was as a flight attendant for American Airlines, which was around the same time when she married Robert Kardashian and had four children: Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob. After getting divorced thirteen years later, she got remarried to retired Olympian Bruce Jenner and had two more daughters in Kendall and Kylie. Then in 2007, she met Ryan Seacrest and launched the E! TV series Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which has become one of the longest-running reality TV shows in history. Kris manages the family’s multi-billion-dollar brand, which includes clothing lines, mobile apps, cosmetics, books, shows, and merchandise. When it comes to getting and monetizing attention, she is a mastermind! In this podcast from an interview I did with Kris back in 2012, we learn more about her priorities, mindset and how she does business.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What do you think was most appealing about “Keeping up with the Kardashians” when you first launched it?
- How did you decide what opportunities were best for your brand?
- What role does social media play in your life, both personally and professionally? Does it help you grow your business or inspire episodes of your show?
- What does your typical day look like?
- What are the biggest challenges in managing your family members’ careers and what do you hope they will achieve?
Follow Kris’s journey:
Leave a Reply