My guest today is author, Rick Riordan. Rick is the author of five #1 New York Times best-selling books with more than 35 million copies sold throughout the world, including Percy Jackson and the Olympians, soon to be a series on Disney+. His latest book is called “Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Chalice of the Gods.” We talk about his inspirations, and new book, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What made you change your mind from originally trying to become a guitarist in college to pursuing a career as an author?
- How did your son inspire you to come up with the idea for Percy Jackson and what were your first steps of turning that idea into a piece of work?
- How involved do you get with the movies and shows based on your books, such as the upcoming Percy Jackson live-action series on Disney Plus?
- What do you want readers to take away from your new book “The Chalice of the Gods”?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Rick’s journey: