My guest today is entrepreneur, author, and philanthropist, Ted Leonsis. Ted is founder, chairman, principal partner, and chief executive officer of Monumental Sports & Entertainment, which owns and operates the Washington Capitals, Washington Mystics, and Washington Wizards. We talk about his entrepreneurship journey, and what he’s learned along the way, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Why did both your high school guidance counselor and father think you were going to work in a grocery store?
- What education and experience did you receive while working at AOL for 13 years that has helped you as a businessman and entrepreneur?
- What do most people get wrong about networking that you didn’t, and how has proper networking led to new opportunities for you?
- What are some of the guiding work-life principles you’ve given your children that have led to their happiness and success?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Ted’s journey: