My guest today is sports TV personality, radio host, and author, Stephen A. Smith. Stephen is the star of the #1 morning sports talk show on ESPN “First Take”, the host and producer of the K[no]w Mercy podcast, and the author of “Straight Shooter”. He shares his struggles, successes, and advice during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Growing up how did you decide to pursue a career in journalism instead of being a criminal lawyer or basketball player?
- Why did the death of your mother in 2017 motivate you to write your new book “Straight Shooter” and what do you hope readers get out of it?
- How did your older sister Linda help you overcome dyslexia and how difficult was that process?
- Why did you decide to build your own platform with a podcast and book outside of your job at ESPN?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Stephen’s journey: