My guest today is TV and podcast host, Ricki Lake. Ricki is best known as the Emmy Award-Winning host of The Ricki Lake Show and her lead role in Hairspray. We talk about her acting and hosting career, as well as her new podcast “Raised By Ricki” during this episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What do you think made you stand out while auditioning for Hairspray and how did that role lead to other opportunities?
- What were the obstacles to hosting your own show at age 24 and how have you matured as a host since?
- How has your podcast “Raised by Ricki” helped you dive back into memories you’ve had in your career and life?
- What cultural trends from the 90s do you miss the most and which current ones are you enjoying?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Ricki’s journey: