My guest today is restaurateur and author, Will Guidara. Will is the founder of Thank You, the former co-owner of Eleven Madison Park and the NoMad, and the co-founder of the Welcome Conference, an annual hospitality symposium. We talk about his new book “Unreasonable Hospitality”, and building a hospitality-first culture, during this episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Your parents were both in the service industry. What lessons did your parents instill in you about hospitality and how did you translate that into your own career?
- You’ve managed large and diverse teams at some of the finest restaurants. What have you found is the best method to develop talent in hospitality?
- You share a lot about building a hospitality-first culture. What are the biggest takeaways that other industries can learn from restaurants in building a strong culture?
- You share a lot of examples in your book about creating memorable surprise and delight moments. Why is so important for brands to adopt this mindset?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Will’s journey: