My guest today is actor, film director, and comedian, Paul Feig. Paul is known for directing films including Bridesmaids and Ghostbusters 2016, as well as creating the comedy series Freaks and Geeks. We talk about his latest show on FOX, Welcome to Flatch, as well as his career influences and collaborations during this episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:17 — 18.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did doing standup comedy at the start of your career influence the types of films and shows you’ve produced since?
- You’ve worked on several projects with Judd Apatow and Melissa McCarthy. Why do you think these collaborations were so successful, while others might have fell short?
- What are the unique challenges of producing a TV series such as Welcome to Flatch compared to a streaming service or theatrical distribution?
- What was your inspiration for Welcome to Flatch and what aspects of the series most reflect our culture?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Paul’s journey:
Leave a Reply