My guest today is TV writer, producer, and author, Phil Rosenthal. Phil is best known as the creator and producer of the CBS sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond. More recently, he produced Netflix’s Somebody Feed Phil, which he also turned into a companion book. We talk about his career, food culture, and more during this episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Why did you transition from being an actor to a writer and producer early in your career and how did that lead to Everybody Loves Raymond?
- What have you learned about yourself and the world we live in while observing global cultures for your show?
- How has food culture and your taste in food changed over the years?
- In what ways have you been an activist for voting and anti-corruption outside of your entertainment career?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Phil’s journey: