My guest today is bestselling author, marketer, and entrepreneur, Ryan Holiday. Since Ryan was last on the show, he’s written a new book called “Discipline Is Destiny: The Power of Self-Control”. We discuss ideas, thoughts, and examples from the book during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by Cornerstone OnDemand, a cloud-based people development software provider that powers the future-ready workforce. Go to cornerstoneondemand.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Why did you choose to focus on self-discipline for this book after the others in your Stoic Virtue series?
- What are some ways we can control our emotions, thoughts, and actions, especially in today’s culture of overabundance, excess, and distraction?
- Which historical figure is the best spokesperson for self-discipline, and which is the worst?
- In what ways have you disciplined yourself to write about a book a year?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Ryan’s journey: