My guest today is designer, entrepreneur, and author, Kendra Scott. Kendra built the billion-dollar designer jewelry boutique Kendra Scott, which now has 120 standalone stores and over 3,000 employees. We talk about her new book “Born to Shine” and her business philosophy during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by Cornerstone OnDemand, a cloud-based people development software provider that powers the future-ready workforce. Go to cornerstoneondemand.com for more information.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:38 — 19.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What did you learn about business and life from your coal miner grandfather and lawyer father?
- What skillset did you acquire while building your first company, the Hat Box, that helped you with your current company?
- How were you able to navigate your company through major obstacles such as the 2008 financial crisis and the Covid-19 pandemic?
- In what ways have you made philanthropy part of how you’ve done business throughout your career?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Kendra’s journey:
Leave a Reply