My guest today is Grammy® Award-winning singer-songwriter, actress, and author, Ashanti. Ashanti reigns as one of Billboard’s Top Females charting in each of the last three decades from 2000’s, 2010’s, and 2020’s. She is in the Guinness Book of World Records for the fastest-selling female debut artist. We talk about her career, and her new children’s book “My Name is a Story”, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by Cornerstone OnDemand, a cloud-based people development software provider that powers the future-ready workforce. Go to cornerstoneondemand.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did your parents, who are also entertainers, inspire you to be one yourself?
- How do you relate to the girl in your new children’s book “My Name Is a Story”?
- What are some of the most empowering messages you want to convey to children who read your book?
- How have you been able to manage to release this book, work on a documentary, launch a company, and other projects at the same time?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Ashanti’s journey: