My guest today is actress, director, and author, Jennette McCurdy. Jennette starred in Nickelodeon’s hit show iCarly and its spin-off, Sam & Cat, as well as in the Netflix series Between. In 2017, she quit acting and began pursuing writing and directing. We talk about her new book, “I’m Glad My Mom Died”, during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 7:50 — 16.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Can you describe the complicated relationship you had with your mom growing up that became the basis for your book title, “I’m Glad My Mom Died”?
- Why did you decide to retire from acting at such a young age and what are your career plans after this book?
- What parts of your career are you most proud of and what would you have changed if you could go back in time?
- How did all the hardships between your eating disorders, addictions, and relationship with your mom, make you more resilient, strong, and a better person?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Jennette’s journey:
Leave a Reply