An interview with Bravo TV star, author and top New York City real estate agent Ryan Serhant about the defining moment in his life, what keeps him motivated, sales advice, how he stood out when he started his career and his core relationship principle.
Welcome to the second episode of 5 Questions with Dan Schawbel (Subscribe on iTunes). As your host, my goal is to curate the best advice from the world’s smartest and most interesting people by asking them just 5 questions.
This episodes guest:
Ryan Serhant is a Bravo TV star, author and top New York City real estate agent. Ryan has born in Houston, Texas and raised outside of Boston, Massachusetts. After moving to New York City as an adult, he began his first day in the real estate business on September 15, 2008, which was the same day that Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy in the wake of the sub-prime mortgage collapse. While the real estate market slowly recovered, Ryan transformed himself into one of the most successful real estate brokers in the world. Through his hard work and leadership, his sales team was ranked in the top 5 nationwide from 2015 to 2017 by The Wall Street Journal. Ryan is the star of Bravo TV’s Million Dollar Listing New York and Sell It Like Serhant, which is also the title of his book.
The 5 questions questions I ask in this episode:
- Growing up you say you were overweight, awkward and broke but now you’re fit, social, a reality TV star and wealthy. What was the defining point in your life where things changed for you?
- What keeps you still motivated after accomplishing so much in your career?
- How can your sales advice apply to anyone looking for a job, advance in their career or build their business?
- When you were first starting out as a real estate broker in New York City, how did you stand out?
- What is your core relationship principle for building long term relationships in business and in life?
Follow Ryan’s journey: