My guest today is stand-up comedian, author, and actor, Tom Segura. Tom is known for his Netflix specials Ball Hog, Disgraceful, Completely Normal, and Mostly Stories. He is one of the top-selling touring acts in the world, having sold hundreds of thousands of tickets on multiple international tours. We talk about his new book “I’d Like to Play Alone, Please” and his challenges being a parent while touring during this episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by isolved, a complete workforce management solution. Go to isolvedhcm.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Growing up you had dreams of becoming a doctor or professional football player. How did you end up being a comedian instead?
- Why did you take on “I’d like to play alone, please” as your mantra and title for your book?
- How do you balance your time between touring as a comedian and parenting two children?
- What were some of your strangest celebrity encounters?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Tom’s journey: