My guest today is actress and author, Jennifer Grey. Jennifer is best known for her lead role in Dirty Dancing, which earned her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress, and for her breakout role in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. We talk about her new memoir “Out of the Corner” during this episode of the 5 Questions podcast.
This episode is proudly sponsored by LumApps, an employee experience platform that engages every employee with personalized communications. Go to LumApps.com for more information.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:38 — 19.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How much did your parents influence you to become an actress and what pressure did you have to live up to their expectations?
- Why did you create narratives of your life that weren’t in your best interest and how are you using your memoir “Out of the Corner” to re-write your story?
- How did your plastic surgery procedure cause you to lose your professional identity and how did you reclaim it?
- You’re most known for your lead role in Dirty Dancing. What were the biggest challenges making the film and what lessons did you learn from the experience that helped you throughout the rest of your career?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Jennifer’s journey:
Leave a Reply