My guest today is former NASA astronaut, Fred Haise. Fred served as a backup Lunar Module Pilot for Apollo 8 and Apollo 11 before serving as the Lunar Module Pilot for the Apollo 13 mission. We talk about his new book “Never Panic Early”, and all of his experiences during Apollo 13 and World War II, during this podcast episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by LumApps, an employee experience platform that engages every employee with personalized communications. Go to LumApps.com for more information.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- You originally wanted to be in journalism but went into the military instead and eventually became an astronaut. What caused you to change your career trajectory?
- How did you recover after your crash during World War II and how did that experience change you?
- What was the hardest moment you experienced on the Apollo 13 mission and how did you navigate through it with the rest of the crew?
- When you deal with unexpected dangerous situations, what’s the first thing you do to manage them?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Fred’s journey: