My guest today is record producer, radio personality, and author, DJ Envy. DJ Envy hosted his own midday show on Power 105.1 in New York before joining Charlamagne Tha God and Angela Yee as co-hosts of The Breakfast Club. We talk about his career, and new book “Real Life, Real Love” during this podcast episode.
This episode is proudly sponsored by EmpiRX, the industry’s only value-based PBM. Go to https://empirxhealth.com for more information.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:10 — 18.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- At the start of your career, you were mentored by DJ Clue. What advice did he give you that helped you break into the music business?
- How did you, Angela Yee, and Charlamagne tha God come together to form The Breakfast Club and why do you think that collaboration has been so effective?
- In Real Life, Real Love, you talk openly about your 27-year relationship with your wife. How did all of the obstacles you both face create a stronger relationship instead of ending it?
- What have you learned about building a healthy relationship with your wife, and what do you think she’s learned from you?
- Back in 2017, I asked Charlamagne for his best piece of career advice and he said “Live your truth. Honesty is always the best policy.” What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow DJ Envy’s journey:
Leave a Reply