My guest today is the founder and CEO of Spartan, Joe De Sena. Joe’s company Spartan is the world’s leading endurance sports company with brands including Tough Mudder and Spartan Trail. He is also the bestselling author of Spartan Up, Spartan Fit, and The Spartan Way. More recently, he’s the host of the new CNBC primetime show, “No Retreat: Business Bootcamp”, which premiered Tuesday, March 8th. We talk about the show, and his entrepreneurial story, during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- As a teenager, you had a pool cleaning business servicing 750 customers. What did this experience teach you about operating a business that has helped you in your current endeavors?
- How were you able to combine your love for intense outdoor activities and entrepreneurship into Spartan and the Death Race?
- How can physical and mentally challenging activities outside of the office build better leaders and teams?
- During the first episode of your CNBC Show “No Retreat Business Bootcamp”, what unorthodox approaches did you use to help a privately owned cleaning business?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Joe’s journey: