My guest today is Olympic athlete and author, Apolo Ohno. Apolo earned eight Olympic medals in speed skating and became the most decorated US Winter Olympian of all time. Today, he is as a cross-industry entrepreneur, successful sports broadcaster, and TV personality. I speak to him about his latest book “Hard Pivot” during this podcast episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:53 — 19.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How instrumental was your father in helping you start your athletic career at such an early age?
- What internal and external pressures did you have as you were moving up the speed skating ranks, and competing for championships and how did you deal with them?
- Can you share some of your strategies for overcoming challenging times that you capture in your book “Hard Pivot”?
- Why was it so difficult to retire from speed skating and how were you able to transition to this next phase of your career as an entrepreneur, broadcaster, and author?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Apolo’s journey:
Leave a Reply