My guest today is founder and Executive Chairman of ClassPass and author of LifePass, Payal Kadakia. Payal built ClassPass into the decades first billion-dollar company while being pregnant back in 2020 and recently sold it to Mindbody. She’s been named one of Fortune’s 40 under 40 and Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People. Payal is also the founder of The Sa Dance Company, a contemporary Indian dance company. We talk about her new book, LifePass, as well as her entrepreneurial journey, during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Why did you only allocate 14 days to come up with the original idea for your company?
- Can you describe the unique goal-setting method that you wrote about in “Life Pass”?
- After the acquisition of your company by Mindbody last year, how did you decide what to focus on next?
- What were some of the lessons you learned during your time leading ClassPass that will help you throughout the rest of your career?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Payal’s journey: