My guest today is former NBA player turned coach, author, and entrepreneur, Charles Oakley. Charles played nineteen seasons in the NBA, including his time with the Chicago Bulls, the New York Knicks, and the Toronto Raptors. Throughout his basketball career, he played with some of the all-time greats including Michael Jordan and Patrick Ewing. More recently, he wrote his memoir “The Last Enforcer”, which we discuss in this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What inspired you to become a basketball player in your youth and how did you pursue that career?
- What about your personality, and life experiences, made you the enforcer on the court?
- In your book “The Last Enforcer” you discuss your relationship with George Floyd. Can you talk about what he meant to you and the lasting impact you think he will leave on the world?
- Which of your teammates or opponents did you learn the most from and why?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Charles’s journey: