My guest today is filmmaker and social media content producer, Zach King. Zach is known for his clever magic tricks and has amassed over 100 million followers. His company, King Studio, has partnered with brands such as Disney, Apple, Sony, Nike, and Coca-Cola. We talk about how he’s built his film and social media career during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did a rejection letter from film school motivate you to build a career in film?
- You made your first film at age seven that had a small audience and today your content is viewed by a mass audience. How has your creative process evolved, and how do you continue to keep yourself relevant?
- As a content creator, you’re also a storyteller. What do you think are the elements of a story that captures people’s hearts and minds?
- Companies, leaders, and influencers are all feeling the social pressure to speak out right now against racial inequality and injustice. What do you feel is your responsibility to your audience when it comes to social and political issues?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Zack’s journey: