My guest today is TED speaker and bestselling author, Amy Cuddy. Amy is a social psychologist that rose to fame after her TED Talk “Your Body Language May Shape Who You Are” became a worldwide sensation with over 62 million views and growing. She wrote the book, Presence, which became a New York Times bestseller, and was a professor at Harvard Business School. We talk about her mentor, body language, and overcoming uncertainty during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What role did your mentor Susan Fiske play in helping you shape your career?
- Your TED Talk and research focuses on body language. How does our body language shape how people perceive us when we’re connecting and working remotely instead of in person?
- What types of struggles did you endure over the past year during the pandemic and how did you overcome them?
- What is Pandemic Flux syndrome and how do we get through it?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Amy’s journey: