My guest today is NBA All-Star and author, Dwyane Wade. Dwyane is a three-time NBA champion, businessman, TV analyst, producer, activist, and philanthropist. He played in the NBA from 2003 to 2019, primarily for the Miami Heat. He won three NBA championships, was a 13-time NBA All-Star, an 8-time member of the All-NBA Team, and a 3-time member of the All-Defensive Team. We talk about his life and career, as captured in his memoir “Dwyane”, during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What were some of your biggest challenges growing up in the South Side of Chicago and how did facing them help you become the person you are today?
- How did Michael Jordan’s career inspire you to become a professional basketball player?
- After having your own line of shoes with Converse and Nike’s Jordan Brand, why did you decide to work with Li-Ning on building your own brand?
- In what ways do you see yourself as a leader of the trans rights movement?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Dwayne’s journey: