My guest today is actor, writer and producer, Stanley Tucci. Stanley has directed five films and appeared over seventy, including The Devil Wears Prada and Road to Perdition, as well as more than a dozen plays, on and off-Broadway. He starred in Julie & Julia, opposite Meryl Streep, and The Lovely Bones, for which he earned his first Academy Award nomination, for Best Supporting Actor. He is the winner of two Golden Globes and two Emmys. His foody TV show, Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy, recently aired on CBS and is Emmy nominated. We talk about his life journey, overcoming setbacks, and his new book “Taste: My Life Through Food” during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What role did your family play in your pursuit as an actor?
- Even after you received an Emmy nomination for your breakout role in Murder One, how were you able to recover from the show being canceled?
- 3Where did your passion for food originally come from and how were you able to incorporate it into your TV career?
- How have your recent health struggles impacted your life and career trajectory?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Stanley’s journey: