My guest today is singer, songwriter, and actor, Jesse McCartney. Jesse’s first three albums made the Top 15 of the Billboard Top 200 and is most known for his singles “Beautiful Soul” and “Leavin”. He’s performed and collaborated with T-Pain, New Kids on the Block, and Backstreet Boys. He’s appeared in Fear The Walking Dead and Alvin and the Chipmunks. Jesse’s first album in seven years is called “Next Stage”. We talk about everything from the inspiration for the album to growing up as a pop star during this podcast episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 9:47 — 19.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What were some of the negative implications of being a big pop star at such a young age?
- What obstacles did you encounter as you transitioned from being in a boy band to your solo career and how did you overcome them?
- How has your creative process changed from when you were a teenager to right now?
- You are releasing your first album in 7 years. How did the time you spent reflecting on your life inspire your new music?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Jesse’s journey:
Leave a Reply