My guest today is filmmaker, actor and author, Kevin Smith. Kevin rose to prominence after writing, directing, co-producing, and acting in Clerks. Since then, he’s appeared in films like Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. More recently, he developed Masters of the Universe: Revelation for Netflix, released his book “Kevin Smith’s Secret Stash” and is working on Clerks 3. Kevin and I talk about our love for comics, NFTs, and how both his father’s job and heart attack has changed his life during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did witnessing your father despising his post office job in your childhood impact your career and life decisions?
- How did you originally get into comics and how did they inspire all of your productions and projects ever since?
- When writing your book “Kevin Smith’s Secret Stash” what are you most proud of and what would you have changed about your life story?
- How did having a height attack, and losing 50 pounds, change your outlook in life?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Kevin’s journey: