My guest today is the lead vocalist of OneRepublic, Ryan Tedder. Ryan started played music at age three and since then has become one of the most successful songwriters and producers of his generation. He’s worked with everyone from Adele to Beyonce to The Jonas Brothers. I talk to Ryan about his early career, relationship with money, time management, and collaborations during this podcast episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 7:51 — 16.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- How did your parents encourage you to play music and sing starting at age 3 and what role do they play in your career today?
- You didn’t grow up with money and graduate college fully in debt. How have these life circumstances affected your relationship with money now that you’re wealthy?
- Aside from being the lead singer in OneRepublic, you’re also a top producer. How do you manage your time between both, while pursuing other projects and social life?
- When you’re writing and producing a new song how do you integrate the artist’s personality into the music?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Ryan’s journey:
Leave a Reply