My guest today is actress, neuroscientist and author, Mayim Bialik. Mayim is best known as the star of the sitcom Blossom and The Big Bang Theory. She won the Critics Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 2015 and 2017. More recently, she’s the host of the Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown podcast and star of “Call Me Kat”. We talk about these projects, her childhood, and her career in this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What qualities did you have at age 11 that indicated to your parents that you could be an actress and how did they support you?
- In college, you majored in neuroscience and minored in Hebrew and Jewish studies. How have you incorporated your education into your acting roles, projects, and non-profit ventures?
- In your podcast, you use your Ph.D. in Neuroscience, personal experience, and special guests to break down mental health. What have been some of your own mental health struggles and how has the show helped you better cope with them?
- What can we learn from the character you play in your show “Call Me Kat” about being happy despite having many life struggles?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Mayim’s journey: