My guest today is CNN host and author, Jake Tapper. Jake started his career as a Campaign Press Secretary before transitioning to journalism and is now the host of Take the Lead with Jake Tapper on CNN. Aside from hosting a weekly TV show, he’s authored several books, including his latest novel “The Devil May Dance”. We discuss everything from the book to his time management strategies and early career in this podcast episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 7:42 — 15.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What experience did you gain as a press secretary early in your career that helped you transition to becoming a successful journalist?
- How do you manage your time between covering politics on CNN and writing fiction books?
- In what ways does The Hellfire Club and The Devil May Dance reflect our current political system, the media world, and the issues we face as a society?
- What was the process of turning factual events from the 1960s into setting or plot points for a fiction book?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Jake’s journey:
Leave a Reply