My guest today is actress, podcaster and entrepreneur, Sophia Bush. You may know Sophia as a co-star of One Tree Hill alongside past 5 Questions guest Hilarie Burton, but she’s also starred in movies like John Tucker Must Die and Incredibles 2. She’s been a long-time environmentalist, especially now as the co-founder of Fashionkind, a sustainable luxury fashion company. We talk about both her acting and entrepreneurial career during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Even though you wanted to play for your school’s volleyball team, you were required to do theatre. How did your experience on stage make you realize that you were meant to be an actress?
- You co-founded the luxury fashion company Fashionkind. When did you originally connect with your co-founder Nina Farran and how do you both complement each other?
- As an accomplished actress and co-founder of FashionKind. What skills and experience have you applied from your acting career to your business and vice versa?
- More than ever before, people want to work for, or spend money with, companies that address societal needs. The fashion industry uses 1.5 trillion liters of water a year and the apparel industry accounts for 10% of global carbon emissions. Why did you originally become an environmental justice advocate and how does FashionKind address these issues?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Sophia’s journey: