My guest today is actor, producer, comedian, and Founder of Crystal Head Vodka, Dan Aykroyd. Even though Dan intended on becoming a priest, he dropped out of college and worked as a comedian in Canadian nightclubs. He rose to fame as a cast member for Saturday Night Live and eventually starred in hit movies like The Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters. After decades in the entertainment business, Dan pursued his latest venture founding Crystal Head Vodka. We discuss both his career in entertainment and business during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- What did your parents see in you as a child that made them encourage you to be an actor and how did they support your career as it progressed?
- You were in an all-star cast during your Saturday Night Live days. How did being the youngest cast member on the show be an opportunity for you to stand out and shine?
- What did you learn about the entertainment business during your time spent at Second City that helped you with your future endeavors?
- I was at the premiere in NYC for Patron founder and billionaire John Paul DeJoria’s documentary “Good Fortune” that you attended as the narrator of the film and as his former business partner. Can you talk about the business and life lessons you learned from him as you launched Crystal Head Vodka?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Dan’s journey: